Careers at Curious Universe
We are an equal opportunities employer with a flexible approach. Hiring the right team is of paramount importance to us so we work with all employees to ensure they can ‘Work Where they Work Best’. Our hybrid working solution allows us to cater to the different needs of our workforce whilst still providing outstanding service to our customers. Both yours and the business’s needs will be discussed at interview to reach a mutually beneficial working schedule.
We are always keen to hear from people wishing to work with us so please review our current job vacancies below.
Purpose of the Role
To work with the Procurement team to place reprint POs on time as per Critical Date Path dates, at agreed target costs as set by the CEO and to meet Sales/customer delivery dates. To provide administrative support to the Procurement Team by raising reports for regular Team meetings.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Procurement manage a list of reprint titles in each publishing month – from costing through to PO
- Negotiate costs and agree schedules for reprint requests with printers based in Far East and Europe with the support of the Procurement team
- Work with Sales regarding customer requirements – specifically schedules and packing requirements
- Liaise with Publishing and Hinkler regarding PTP dates and specs
- Work closely with Production Control team regarding upcoming orders, schedules and dummies and pass on any other relevant information
- When necessary, ensure that dummies are ordered and, upon receipt, check that specs are correct before passing to the relevant team member for approval before order confirmation deadline.
- Add estimated costs and schedules to the database and ensure that all Procurement related information is populated. Chase for missing information
- Under the supervision of the Head of Procurement, create PQ, PO, Assembly orders and other related documentation
- Manage the organisation and filing of the Bookoli and Hinkler PO’s, updating PO’s where required and ensuring the latest version is saved on the company systems
- Maintain and update component databases
- Provide weekly reports for the Procurement Team to show progress of POs raised and highlight outstanding POs
- Attend and minute meetings as needed: supply and gather relevant information and materials in advance of meetings, minute and circulate meeting minutes
- Identify and set up new procedures where they are missing and are required, and contribute ideas to improve systems
- Maintain quality of data (e.g clear and consistent spec details) as it flows through the team
Skills & Experience
- Confidence and a good communicator
- Highly organised and proactive individual
- Experienced and confident on Microsoft Excel and database systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible approach
- Ability to build successful working relationships with external suppliers
- Ambitious to learn and develop within role
- Initiative, honesty and integrity
- Positive can-do attitude within a fast-changing environment
- A Team Player