Careers at Curious Universe
We are an equal opportunities employer with a flexible approach. Hiring the right team is of paramount importance to us so we work with all employees to ensure they can ‘Work Where they Work Best’. Our hybrid working solution allows us to cater to the different needs of our workforce whilst still providing outstanding service to our customers. Both yours and the business’s needs will be discussed at interview to reach a mutually beneficial working schedule.
We are always keen to hear from people wishing to work with us so please review our current job vacancies below.
Purpose of the Role
Curious Universe is recruiting for a Licensed Product Designer to work as part of our in-house creative team across licensed character book, craft and stationery projects in our fast-paced and dynamic studio. This is a permanent, full time opportunity to work with our designers to create stunning products for global brands in the children’s character market.
Reporting to the Art Director and Lead Designer, you will work on a specific list of titles and character licenses.
- Managing all aspects of the design from concept through to production, supplying sales material and final files at key points.
- Working closely with other team members in a collaborative approach to create fun, exciting and innovative products.
- Working closely with the Lead Designer to develop technical and creative design skills
- Liaising with relevant external resources, including designers and licensors, as necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ commercial experience in a design role within the children’s licensed sector
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite for print and PDF workflow
- Conscientious, self-motivated and pro-active, with a passion for design and character licensing
- Exceptional organisation skills and fully able to work within project timelines, ensuring all key deadlines are met
- 3D skills an advantage but not essential
- Experience of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment