These terms and conditions (collectively referred to herein as “Terms“) apply to all orders for items (“Products“) which you place with Curious Universe UK Limited (“Curious Universe”, “we“, “us” or “our”):
- Online through our website located at www.curiousuniverse.co.uk (the “Website”)
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (“Contract”). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our Website. We recommend that you print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Website Terms in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Website Terms in their entirety, you must not use the Website.
We may revise these Terms from time to time, in the following circumstances:
- Changes in how we accept payment from you
- Changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- To reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business
- Changes in our system’s capabilities
Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us. Any future changes will not affect Contracts already concluded, unless the changes are required to be made and retrospective effect by any law or government authorised (in which case it will apply to all Contracts if required to do so). Whenever we revise these terms, all changes will be effective when posted on our site and you should check our site from time to time to review these Terms and other legal notices because they are binding in you.
1. Who We Are
This Website is owned and operated by Curious Universe UK Ltd. Curious Universe UK Ltd. is a a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 11082233) whose registered office is at The Ice House, 124 – 126 Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5BG. Our registered VAT number is GB 287759138.
To get in touch, please see our Contact Us page.
2. Your Use Of The Website
You must only use this Website for lawful purposes, and you must not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the Website.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may use, download and print content on the Website solely for your own personal use or internal business purposes. Other than for your own personal use or internal business purposes, you may not without our prior written consent:
- Copy, reproduce, use or otherwise deal with any content on the Website
- Modify, distribute or re-post any content on the Website for any purpose
- Use the content of the Website for any commercial exploitation whatsoever
3. Ownership of Rights
All rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, in and to this Website are owned by or licensed to Curious Universe. If you acquire any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the Website (whether by operation of law or otherwise), then you agree to assign those rights to us (including any rights you may have in user generated content that you submit through the Website) on a worldwide basis absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law. You will also unconditionally and irrevocably waive any and all moral rights you acquire in or to the Website.
You further agree to execute all such documents and do all such acts and things as we may reasonably require in order to assign any such rights to us and to waive any moral rights you acquire in or to the Website.
4. Our Prices
Curious Universe have taken all reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on the Website are correct. However, when ordering please note that:
- Orders will only be accepted if there are no errors in the description of the goods and no errors in their prices as advertised on this Website
- If we discover that the Product’s correct price is less that the price stated on our site, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you
- If we discover the Product’s correct price is higher that the price states on our site, we will contact you via the email address associated to your account as soon as possible, to inform of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the email address you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you using the email address associated to your account
- All prices are displayed in pounds Sterling inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being
- The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery and Returns page
5. Our Products
Curious Universe have taken all reasonable precautions to try and ensure that all products have been fairly and accurately described. Content can and will be changed in order to make the information as accurate as possible over time. However, when ordering please note that:
- Orders will only be accepted if there are no errors in the description of the goods and no errors in their prices as advertised on this Website
- Packaging may vary from that shown on the Website
- The sizes shown on the Website are approximate only and may vary slightly
- Colours of our products are displayed as accurately as possible on the Website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery
- All items are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time, including, on rare occasions, after you have placed your order. If your order cannot be fulfilled we will let you know as soon as we can via the email address associated to your account. We reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale at any time. In these circumstances you will be advised
- The views expressed in user generated content are the opinions of those users and do not represent the views, opinions, beliefs or values of Curious Universe
6. Purchasing From the Curious Universe Website
You may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old. Some of our Products are aimed at children however, for the avoidance of doubt, these are not for purchase by children and must only be purchased by you as a consumer if you are at least 18 years old. However, we recommend that all purchases intended for children are thoroughly vetted by the parent / guardian before use with or by children.
By placing an order for any products you confirm that you (and, if different, the recipient of the product and/or service) satisfy the age requirements necessary to buy that product or service.
When you order items online for the first time, you will need to register with us by setting up an account with us. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password and for preventing any unauthorised access to your account. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password, account or order related emails.
We only accept transactions through PayPal and therefore during the checkout process, you will be redirected to the PayPal website and asked to complete your payment details. Please note that if you do not already have an existing PayPal account, you will be required to set up a new account with PayPal directly. PayPal will not disclose any sensitive financial information like your credit card or bank account number with us and therefore any payment enquires should be directly with PayPal not Curious Universe. Please see PayPal User Agreement for details of your contract with PayPal Inc. governing your use of your PayPal account and the PayPal services.
Orders placed will be charged at the time your order is submitted. If we reject or cancel your order for any reason this charge will be credited back to your PayPal account.
PayPal offers Purchase Protection and will reimburse buyers who meet their eligibility requirements. Please see PayPal Purchase Protection for a general summary of those requirements.
After you place an order with us, we will acknowledge receipt of your order with a follow up e-mail from us to the email address associated with your account. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product.
We will confirm our acceptance of your order by sending you a further e-mail to the email address associated with your account that confirms that the Products have been dispatched. The Contract will only relate to the Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the email dispatch confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of those Products is confirmed in a separate email dispatch confirmation.
If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available, we will inform you of this by e-mail to the email address associated with your account and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we shall be entitled to cancel the Contract between us and will refund you the full amount as soon as possible and this will be credited back to your PayPal account.
We offer delivery to the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland only.
We respect your confidentiality. All orders are dispatched in discreet, plain packaging, and we will never make your details available to any third party company for marketing purposes.
Delivery charges and timescales vary depending on the type of Products ordered, the time of day the Products are ordered, the delivery address and unforeseeable disruptions to delivery services. For full details of our delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery & Returns page.
We will use reasonable endeavours to fulfil your order by the estimated date set out in the dispatch confirmation email, unless there is an Event Outside Our Control. An “Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you
- Our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control
- Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over
Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the delivery address specified in your order.
The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
You have the statutory right to cancel your order for any reason within 14 days beginning with the day you receive the Product (or last Product if your order has arrived in more than one delivery). In this case you will be entitled to receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products, but not any delivery charges incurred by you on receiving the Products and returning the Products to us.
All returns require prior authorisation. We will email this to you after you get in touch via the Contact Us section with your order details and reason for return. A return authorisation code from us is required to process returns correctly. A refund to your PayPal account will be processed upon receipt of the Product in our Returns Department. We are not able to refund through any other payment option than PayPal. Please allow up to 21 days for a refund.
Our refund guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights and does not affect them in any way. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
If your Products are incorrect, damaged or faulty, you may return them to us within 30 days of receipt. In this case you will be entitled to receive a replacement or a full refund of the price paid for the Products and delivery if returning the whole order. You shall arrange for the Products to be returned to us via Royal Mail and we will be responsible for the second class postage costs you incur in returning the Products to us. The postage costs will be credited back to your PayPal account upon receipt of the Product in our Returns Department.
All returns require prior authorisation. We will email this to you after you get in touch via the Contact Us section with your order details, reason for return, photographic evidence and your preferred resolution (replacement or refund). A return authorisation code from us is required to process returns correctly. Refunds and replacement orders can only be processed upon receipt of the Product in our Returns Department. Please allow up to 21 days for a refund to your PayPal account or 10 days for a replacement. We are not able to refund through any other payment option than PayPal.
10. Customer Ratings and Reviews
By submitting any content to the Website, you agree and warrant that:
- You are the sole author owner of the intellectual property rights thereto
- You acknowledge that you, not Curious Universe, are responsible for the contents of your submission
- All “moral rights” that you have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you
- You are at least 18 years old
- All content that you submit may be used at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to remove or refuse to post any submission for any reason
- You grant Curious Universe a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology through the world without compensation to you
- By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that we may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes
You agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation
- That is known to be false, inaccurate or misleading For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers
- That includes any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs files
- That infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other propriety rights or rights of publicity or privacy
11. Privacy & Data Security